Monday, January 19, 2015

Back at it... umm sorta

Today I started back on the T25 program and clean eating. The holidays certainly derailed me - think wine, gluten free pizza, goodies that I can't get in bush Alaska, wine, gluten free cookie dough cookies, and so on and so on. While I tried my best to maintain my healthy eating when I went home for the holidays, I couldn't help but indulge in the holiday goodies AND in foods that I am not able to get where I live. I've been slowly getting back on track, but there is just SOMETHING about setting a date. Once you have a definitive date in mind, it seems to go in to our routine.

My boyfriend mentioned that he had got off track, so he was wanting to start the 21 Day Fix on January 19th. I thought, "what better time than for us to start back on track TOGETHER!" I have a passion for health and nutrition, and he is a Beach Body Coach; so we work hard to keep each other on track and motivated.

On Sunday night, we both shared our Monday meal plans. I ussually plan my day in advance, but I told myself I wouldn't leave room for any fudging (no pun intended) on my meal plan.  I knew I had teacher inservice today, so I would just pack my snacks and come home for lunch - as usual.

This morning came and I rocked out my first workout with T25. The first workout is a hard core, fast-paced cardio work out. I was drenched. I really had to push myself, but I finished. Finishing = feeling like a rock star, right?! After my workout, it was time for breakfast. I LOVE breakfast. Seriously, I really stinkin' love breakfast. I can eat it for any and every meal. Well, today was cottage cheese with crushed pineapple. It was wonderful, honestly. It's the easiest, tastiest, and most protein packed meal. I LOVE IT. Anyhow, I got a phone call mid meal. Another teacher was calling to let me know that our inservice was earlier than expected AND at a school across town. UH OH. This resulted in a mad dash to the shower, then of course hair, makeup, and getting dressed. I had just enough time to grab and apple, a back of raw almonds, and some left over steel cut oats from the fridge. Were any of these items on my thoughtfully planned menu for the day? Nope. Not one thing.

I'm glad I grabbed those items, because my table at the inservice had a plate filled with fun-size candies. Ugh. I wasn't able to grab a lunch at home, so another teacher and I went for lunch. I got a salad. It wasn't the cleanest salad, but it was cleaner than the other options available. I did end up grabbing a fun-size M&M pack. Beyond that, I did the best I could. I'm not going to fret about the candy. It wasn't ideal, of course, but I am just moving forward.

If you are interested in the 21-Day Fix or other Beach Body programs to help you get on track. Just click Here and you can get started with your own personal coach! You can even sign up for free.

Take away: I rocked out to my T25 cardio work out today.
Lesson learned: Life can and WILL throw you curves. Do your best and don't be hard on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment