Last night I made an awesome casserole! Mexican food is always a fan favorite in our home, so I chose one of many Pinterest recipes. This one was from Family Fresh Meals. I made a couple of changes to it to suit our family. It was a huge hit, and leftovers for lunch were great!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 18 6-inch corn tortillas (gluten free)
- 1 packet Frontera, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place 6 tortillas in the bottom of a buttered baking dish - allow them to overlap some
- Top with 1/3 the packet of enchilada sauce evenly over tortillas
- Top with 1/2 chicken, 2 TB of onion, 1 cup of cheese
- Repeat steps 1-4
- For the final layer, add 6 more tortillas, the rest of the sauce, chicken, and onions. Top with one more cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.