Monday, October 20, 2014

Turbofire: Day 1

I know I've raved about Turbo Fire for a couple of years now, because I've got incredible results in the past. Well, I'm back at it! I have decided to go through the full Turbo Fire program, again. Today was the first day, and I've got to say I feel AWESOME!

Over the past year, I made the decision to nix the scale. I've read a lot of blogs where women swore off the scale and have never felt better. They felt so attached to the number on the scale and the regular weigh-ins. Last year, I thought that just might be a great fit for me. So, over the year I've been slightly conscious of my foods and blissfully unaware of my weight. My clothes felt a bit tighter, but I wasn't quite sure if it was all in my head. After all, I had no frame of reference since I literally tossed my scale out the door. (Okay, I didn't literally toss it. I did, however, give it away.)

All of the questions about my weight and if this method "worked" well for me came to a head last night. Before beginning a Beach Body program (or a program of any type), it's best to take before photos, measurements, and your beginning weight. I had taken my "before" pictures and then stepped on the scale. Low and behold, over the past year I've gained about 15 lbs. That's so not cool and so not healthy. While some may see the scale is a ball and chain, I see it as accountability. Not only did my regular weigh-ins keep my in check with my progress, but it also probably (definitely) made me more conscious of the the kinds and amounts of foods I was eating.

That being said, I also think the past year of me just focusing on how I felt and not stressing as much was a good thing for me. I gained a healthier mindset about my body. Seeing a weight gain at any other point in life would have probably sent me to tears and in to mini-meltdown mode. Last night, there was not a tear in sight! I decided to just take the bull by the horns.

All of that brings me to today... at 5:15 my alarm went off. I dragged myself out of bed and grabbed my coffee. Yes, I drink (black) coffee before my workouts. :) I have to tell you, I hammered out the schedule workout today. It was awesome! I had to stop a few times, because I've been sick lately. I haven't worked out in a week and I had a chest cold that hit me pretty hard. Aside from starting Turbo Fire today, I also started a low carb/high protein meal plan. Weight loss is 80% diet, and 20% exercise (I've also heard 70/30, but you get the picture). "Abs are made in the kitchen." I am a girl that LOVES her some carbs. Granola, oatmeal, fruit, trail mix, muffins, more granola, etc etc. I don't believe in banishing the food group, but I do believe it's role in my diet needs to be downplayed.

So far today, everything has gone well. And I'm not tired from having far less carbs. I'm pretty pumped, actually.



Today's Workout

Turbo Fire: Fire 30
Turbo Fire: Stretch 10

Today's Meals

Pre-workout: Coffee
Breakfast: Coffee Protein Shake
Snack: Hardboiled eggs
Lunch: Baked chicken and veggies
Snack: Green monster protein shake
Dinner: Turkey chili and eggs
Snack: Sausage (took some off my son's plate... it hit the spot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment