Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Turbo Fire: Day 2

Today is day 2 with my Turbo Fire program. Before my work out, I had my morning weigh-in. Down 1.8 lb ALREADY! What? Yes, I'm sure. I weighed myself several times to make sure it wasn't a fluke and it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me early in the morning. That was just the encouragement I needed for my workout today AND to follow through with clean eating.

Today's workout was HIIT 15, followed up with Stretch 10. HIIT 15 is a fast up and down workout. For 15 minutes, you give your all. It has your body burning fat at a higher rate than traditional aerobic workouts. The difference is when you push yourself in a HIIT workout, you're working at a higher intensity. When you give your all and push yourself, then your body is working at a anaerobic rate (as opposed to aerobic). After that, I was out of breath. WHOA! The 10 minutes of stretching was AMAZING for my body. It was such a treat.

My workout was followed up with my own speciality - a Peanut Butter Mocha Protein Frappucino. I have an insane love for Starbucks drinks. There is no Starbucks where I live, and it doesn't quite fit in to my healthy eating (aside from the occasional treat).

Peanut Butter Mocha Protein Frappucino

1 scoop vanilla protein shake mix
1 scoop chocolate protein shake mix
1 tb peanut butter
1 cup chilled coffee
1/2-1 cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
1/2-1 cup ice

Combine all of the ingredients in to your mixer. Blend. Pour. Enjoy.


Today's Workout
Turbo Fire: HIIT 15
Turbo Fire: Stretch 10

Today's Meals
Breakfast: Peanut Butter Mocha Protein Frappucino
Snack: hardboiled eggs
Lunch: baked garlicky chicken and veggies
Dinner: Turkey Chili and a salad



Clearly, I am eating a lot of leftovers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment