Thursday, February 6, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things: Beauty Products

I rarely post about my favorite things outside of the health and fitness realm. But, there is a first for everything. Right? This is the first post in a series about my favorite things. This one is my top beauty products. I think hair and makeup are a part of my favorite things about being a woman. So, here we go!


1. Pink Beige lip gloss by Bobbi Brown: I ABSOLUTELY love this color, and have worn it for years. It's classy, pretty, pink (but not too pink), and NOT STICKY!












2. Camera Ready BB Cream by Smashbox: I found this little tube of amazingness this past summer. It goes on smooth. I wear it as a regular foundation, but you can wear it all by itself, too! It has SPF and it primes, protects, smooths fine lines, and controls oil! My skin is a normal-oily, and this is one of the only products I've found that DOESN'T slide off and keeps me shine-free.












3. De-slick Oil-Control Setting Spray by Urban Decay: I wasn't so sure about "setting sprays" when I first found this. So, I got the sample/travel size at Sephora and completely fell in love. All you need is a few spritz over your face, once you are done putting your face on. Your makeup stays ALL day. This one is for oily skin, but they have another option if your skin isn't on the oily side.













4. Full Cover concealer by Makeup Forever: It's difficult to find a concealer that conceals, doesn't crease, stays put, and doesn't look cakey. This one is AMAZING! It is an amazing concealer, it doesn't crease (not even under my eyes), it covers all day long, and goes on smoothly and flawlessly. It's a winner!













5. Sandy Gold Cream Eye shadow by Bobbi Brown: I found this about the same time I found the Pink Beige lip gloss. I often got compliments on this shadow and so many couldn't believe it was a cream. I've tried other creams thinking I would get something similar for less money, but without success. This little jar lasts forever, goes on smoothly as a cream, and somehow sets and won't budge a bit afterward! They even have a cream eye shadow brush for easy application and so you don't have to dig your fingers in to the jar!












6. Silkening Mist by Kenra: My hairstylist starting using this on my years ago. Like most Kenra products, it smells HEAVENLY. It really helps amp up the shine, after all of the heat my hair goes through with a blow dryer and Chi. I have fine hair, so I can't get by without washing it daily. (I'm jealous of you lucky girls who can!) I get mine at Swank Hair Studio - amazing salon, super friendly, and always on trend. LOVE them! If you are in the Little Rock area, then check them out! You won't be disappointed!












7. HD Microfinish Powder by Makeup Forever: This was another one of those "I'm skeptical, so I'll get the sample size" products at Sephora. I did not understand how a powder was effective, if it wasn't color-matched to your skin. This stuff it proof that I did not have a clue! This stuff goes on light, and leaves a natural matte finish on your face. It also helps your makeup stay in place, once you are done. I don't have to worry about cakey-looking skin anymore.












8. Color Collection Brunette bobby pins from Goody: I normally get the Goody brand, because they have the colors that match my hair color. There are also fun colors, and even sparkly ones! I love sparkles... Moving on... if you have hair, then you need bobby pins. Enough said.












9. Teasing Brush: Swank Hair Studio introduced this type of teasing brush to me last year and I fell in love. The traditional comb-types didn't tease as well, and broke a my hair. This one has more bristles and is pretty gentle. Your hair will have some oomph all day long!













10. Tea Tree Oil Face Wash by The Body Shop: My skin is prone to breakouts, but traditional acne cleansers are too hard on my skin. I'm not 16, you know! I actually love the whole line of Tea Tree products at The Body Shop. This stuff is super gentle on my skin, leaves it clean, and doesn't dry me out. Even though it has "oil" in the name, don't be scared! You won't be oily. Tea tree oil is great for the skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment