Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gluten Free, Clean Snickerdoodle Cookies



One of my favorite holiday treats is the Snickerdoodle cookie. It doesn't even have any peanut butter in it, but goodness gracious I love them! Maybe it's the cinnamon and subtle sweetness? I'm not sure, but the snickerdoodle is a bit of amazingness baked up in a delicious cookie. Enough said. :) We've been snowed in with the "winter storms" that are moving across the country. Suddenly, I got a craving for snickerdoodles. My son is a huge fan of the cookie, so I had my sous chef at my side! 

Gluten Free, Clean Snickerdoodle Cookies



Ingredients

Cookie:
  • 1⅓ cup oat flour
  • 5 tsp truvia baking blend
  • ½ tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp  baking powder
  • 2 tb coconut oil
  • 1 tsp  vanilla
  • 4-5 tb unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
Cinnamon/Sugar Coating:
  • 4 tsp truvia or coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
  2. Mix the dry ingredients together (oat flour, truvia, salt, and baking powder).
  3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, adding milk only as needed (I added about 4 tb). The batter should be moist, but not sticky.
  4. Let the dough sit for a few minutes to allow the oats to absorb some of the moisture.
  5. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together on a plate.
  6. Spoon the dough and form each piece into a ball. There will be about 10 total.
  7. Roll each ball in the cinnamon/sugar mix until lightly coated on all sides.
  8. Place each ball on a cookie sheet. Use a spoon to flatten into a cookie shape.
  9. Bake for 10 minutes and cool for five minutes on the baking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment