Wednesday, October 23, 2013

7-day Clean Eating Challenge Day 2




Day 2 rounded it's way out nicely, though I don't have any new pics of my foods. Tsk tsk, I know! I was pretty hungry ALL day, though. I'm not sure why. My portion sizes were correct and my nutrition levels were darn near perfect. I AM doing the P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid program, so I imagine that my metabolism is on FIRE!

Are you having trouble staying away from your favorite sweet treats? Hello, Snickers! I'm talking to you!  I know it's the time of year where there's some extra goodies in the candy bowls. Just remember, it only gets better worse from here! Thanksgiving and Pumpkin Pie is just around the corner. Behind that is Christmas and all of it's glorious Christmas cookies, Monkey Bread, etc. (Note to self: Start figuring out clean recipes for Christmas favorites.) There's some give and take in eating clean! Remember to stick to the 80/20 rule! With some nice swaps, you can get some of the goodies you had before. I make a mean Snicker's protein shake. True story. :)

Eat clean 80% of the time.

It is darn near impossible to eat clean 100% of the time, because of the busy lives we live today. That's okay! Just try your best, and forget the rest!

How are you feeling?
Some of you may be feeling some withdrawal-type symptoms from the excess process carbs you were consuming, sugars, and caffeine. That's okay and normal! It will  subside within a few days. Just fill up on fiber and protein. The fiber in the fruits and veggies actually helps move the excess toxins, fats, etc OUT of your system so they aren't stored. Fiber also makes you fill fuller longer. It's a win-win.

What "un-clean" foods are you craving that you'd like to find a clean substitute for? Commment here and I'll select 2 to create a clean recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment