Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Ultimate Family Weekend

My favorite weekend is one that is filled with low-key activities, along with loads of togetherness. Clearly, that definition can encompass all sorts of things! After my workout on Saturday (a run and weights), my son and I hung out at home and cooked almost all day. Because I cooked all day, I was full all day from sampling it all! We made quinoa protein bars, pumpkin pancakes, and chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Once the Fall season strikes, I load up on cans of pumpkin purée for seasonal goodies.

I like making pancakes , breads, etc and freeze them for quick snacks and breakfasts throughout the week. I certainly don't have time to make breakfast for the kiddo during our morning rush to school, so having a nutritious breakfast ready to go is beyond handy. 

We cuddled and all weekend and watched movies we streamed on  redbox. Has anyone tried Redbox's streaming service? It's so cool!

On Sunday we worked on a carrot cake (I attempted to clean it up 😣), watched more movies and played basketball together. The "Once Upon a Time" season premier was Sunday, so this became our date night. Of course, that called for pizza. Thank you, Pinterest for your clean pizza recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment