Thursday, November 8, 2012

I thought today was Friday...

The title says it all. I thought today was Friday. All day it felt like a Friday; even yesterday felt like Thursday. I can't imagine much worse than that. Oh, well. Tomorrow is Friday - the calendar says it's so. Thank goodness!

Since we are going to Dubai for Christmas, I feel even more pressure to make sure all of our shopping is done before December. I don't want to be running around like a mad woman in mad christmas crowds. Oh, I have to mention I am the "official personal shopper" for my family. Ever since my mom got sick, I took over holiday planning.  Yes, this does mean I pick my own gifts from my family. No, that does not mean that I rack up on amazingness. It is SO hard for me to pick out gifts for myself. This year, Christmas should be pretty simple.

Last year I heard about the 4 gift rule.
  1. Something you want
  2. Something you need
  3. Something to wear
  4. Something to read
 This concept was so awesome to me. Our Christmases tend to be retty excessive. Aside from minimizing my stress and costs, I thought the 4-gift rule would help us keep the meaning of Christmas in mind. My family also celebrates St. Nicholas Day (December 6) - this is when we do our stockings. Since my shopping excursions won't be a free-for-all, like in previous years, I decided I needed to plan my attack. My sister wanted to add another category, "something to eat." Why? Because she wanted me to bring some Zebra Cakes as she can't get them there. :) Then, I had the bright idea to add a 6th category, "Something from Mom." It won't actually be from Mom, but a Mom-type gift would be cool. My mom was known for being super sappy and sentimental.

Hello, Excel AKA my new best friend! Over the past few months I've discovered the endless possibilities with Excel. My most recent project consisted of charting our Christmas list. It's not a complicated thing, by any means, but organization was my goal. I have yet to decide on my gifts (from Dad), but there are a few things I have my eye on.

Food scale
The new pink Garmin
Running socks
Gu (How sad that I would be happy with Gu in my stocking!)
Whole foods gift card
Kindle or Nook
Gift cards to my favorite stores (Express, Target, Kohl's, etc.)

I plan to start shopping this weekend. I'll have to confer with Dad on gifts. As for gifts from me and the kid, I think I'm going to get crafty and make something! I won't mention much more, because my sister reads this. Again, she's pretty darn sneaky.

Do you have any special Christmas traditions?



P90X - KenpoX - 45 minutes



Breakfast

Oats topped with almond butter, cocoa, semi sweet chocolate chips, sliced banana, and ground flax.
Black coffee

Snack
Pear
Cranberry Almond Kind Bar
Kit Kat fun size and Milky Way mini  (Thank you, coworkers!)

Lunch
Arbonne chocolate protein shake blended with a banana.

Dinner
Salad with turkey, mushrooms, peppers, mozzarella, and olives.
Apple


I'm super excited about a product review that is coming up soon! It will be a yummy and we all know I take my food seriously. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment