Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Almond Butter Attempt #1

Traffic was pretty much chaotic yesterday. I assume it was from everyone trying to get out and about to the polls. I wanted to get a good workout in before I camped out to watch the election coverage.

Workout
Ellipitcal - 30 minutes
P90X KenpoX 55 - minutes

I ended up eying a bag of almonds in my cupboard and decided to take a stab at making almond butter. Was that on my list? It's on my mental list, and that totally counts. I'm pretty sure I could smell the Magic Bullet getting hot, so I decided to switch my almonds over to the my mini Cuisinart food processor. I don't have a large one, but after this I decided it is in order! Between the magic bullet and Cuisinart, I got a pretty grainy almond butter, but it tastes awesome! I ended up stopping, because I was afraid I would burn out a a motor, melt something, or I had visions of the blade flying out. Not plausible, I assume, but I have a pretty vivid imagination. I think I'll borrow my dad's ginormous Cuisinart when I take him supper. I'm a woman on a mission to make almond butter. I'm pretty sure I have a gluttonous relationship with nut butters, but they are so darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment