Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Blog Recipes

Sometimes I get in those moods where I just get on pinterest or peruse blogs for recipes. It's not necesarilly to find anything in particular, but just to see what I can conjure up. I've been fixated on Chocolate Covered Katie (her blog, not katie, herself!) for the past 30 minutes. Do you ever feel like there a bajillion recipes you want to try, but you can't get to it? That's how I'm feeling looking at her site. Maybe I should dedicate a 2-3 days a week to trying a pinterest or blog recipe. Ohhhh that sounds like a challenge! Last week, the kiddo and I tried the coffee cup chocolate cake that I found on pinterest. It was okay, but I saw that Katie has one on her site, and I'm ready! There's also an oatmeal recipe, Five-Minute Chocolate Oatmeal that I have to try. I might do that in the morning. Oh, I'm so excited! I'm a woman on a mission - a cooking mission. It's dangerous terrirtory, those cooking blogs! I'm just glad Katie and SkinnyTaste feature nutrition info. That makes it easier for me. I use the Lose It app to track my calories and nutrition, but recipes are harder. I have to get on the computer, enter the recipe, and guesstimate the portions a lot of times.

Tomorrow, I am making supper for my Dad. I told him I'd bring a soup (crockpot!) The kid isn't a huge soup fan, but if I make it really thick, then he will probably be cool with it. A potato soup sounds good, but taco soup does, too. I'll let you know what I come up with!

Oh, and the butternut squash turned out pretty good. I have pictures, but I need to adjust my recipe. I kind of winged it (which I tend to do), so maybe I'll actually follow a recipe next time. I had my squash today, on top of cottage cheese. But it's good heated or straight out of the tupperware (yes, I just said that).
This was before it went in the oven. Brown sugar, butter, and pumpkin pie spices.

 For organization and peace of mind, here are some treats and eat to try this month:

One-Minute Chocolate Cake from Chocolate Covered Katie
Lowfat Banana Nut Bread from Skinny Taste
Breakfast Cookie Dough from Chocolate Covered Katie
Baked Potato Soup from Skinny Taste
Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes from Clean Eating Chelsey
Bone Suckin Good Barbecue Tofu from Clean Eating Chelsey
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast from Peanut Butter Fingers

Some of these I may have to alter to make g-free, but I may just make them for my family. Who knows! :) Nom, nom, nom...



No comments:

Post a Comment