Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Such is life

School, work, run, Arbonne, the kid, work, work, run, run, the kid, the kid, the kid... ahhhh such is my life! Life is a battle journey. Right?? I've been able to press through all of my life, but finally when I got back in to school a couple of months ago, I realized  I can't juggle like I used to! Maybe it's because I work full time now, I'm a single parent now, I'm in a program that I can't just glide through, oh and I have my Arbonne business. But with all of those factors, I feel like I crazy woman! That brings me to this morning. I went to see my PCP for my Celiac blood tests (no, needles don't bother me!) and I also mention the fact that I'm PRETTY darn sure I'm ADD. I tell him how every 5 minutes span in a day is a struggle, and I feel like my brain is here, there, and everywhere. Some days I'm so overwhelmed that I feel like I can't even start (he he.. hence no blog posts.) So, he put me on an ADD medication and will see me back in 4 weeks. A plus side (and an unintentional, yet BLESSING from God), the medication he prescribed me has a weight loss side effect. What what??!! Score for Erin!

Anyhow, since my tests are done, I can go back to gluten free. No more fear of eating gluten. I am excited to feel normal again.There's a giant spaghetti squash calling my name! Which brings me to my splendid breakfast yesterday, High Protein Breakfast Quinoa from Peanut Butter Fingers. This girl has the best recipes and stories! She seems like a super cool girl. This recipe was awesome. I could do that for dinner, too! But, I honestly think I could do ANY breakfast for supper! I've read two of Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet books. They are so enlightening and make me feel like a health addict! Does that even make sense? Probably not... anyhow....

I am striving to not just lose weight... that would be good. But that HEALTHY, CLEAN, VIBRANT feeling from doing good things for and nourishing your body; I want that back! This past summer was a huge struggle for me, with the passing of my mom. There was so much in life that was out of my control, and my food went to hell in a hand basket.

Oh..back to breakfast at any time I want... (see.. ADD!) Here is my amazing breakfast from yesterday. Actually, this is how my breakfast looks on most days. Yes, I have amazing mornings... don't hate. Nothing is better to me than diving in to a hot bowl of oatmeal.

Chunky Monkey Almond Oatmeal
1/2 Cup of Oatmeal
2 TB Almond Butter ( I use Maranatha and  LOVE them)
1/2 Banana ( I ate the other half :) )
1/2 TB Unsweetened cocoa
2 TB Ground flax seed (cause Tosca says so!)

It is just a bowl full of yum....

No comments:

Post a Comment