Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Weight issues and losing my mom

I had been doing REALLY well with my diet and exercise. Actually, I LOVE exercise, my diet is what I need to work on. I sneak in candy or some sort of treat virtually daily and that ends up being my downfall. I had got down to my lowest I had been in YEARS until my sister came home. She lives overseas, in Dubai, and comes home every summer. Also, my mom was very sick, so I was trying to spend as much time with my family as possible. I've gained 9 lb since June. This may not sound like a lot in the grand scheme of things, but for me it feels like a huge, daunting, straining set back. My mom passed away a little over a week ago. So between all of the confusion, loads of food everyone has been sending, and eating my way through emotions I just feel lost. I need to just MAKE myself get back on the train. Weight loss in 80% diet, 20% exercise. I KNOW this and I CAN do this. I've done it before. I can't let grief be my downfall. I have to be stronger than that. I AM stronger than Reese's. Even though that peanut buttery-goodness calls my name daily. Fitting in to my jeans and being proud of how I look is more meaningful to me than the one-hit-wonder feeling I get from sugar.

I had a good run last night. It seems to be more of a walk/run. My leg has been pretty sore and I'm not sure I'll be able to run my full 13.1 in October. I'll probably walk/run the race. So, I'm working on mileage now and not worrying over my pace. My fastest pace was a 9:45, so the 12 min miles really hurt my feelings. My orthoped didn't think I was built to be a distance runner though. And I would HATE to get another stress fracture again. Here are some pics from my run. What a beautiful view. Mom would have loved it.



As for my mom, I'll post on that another time when my thoughts are all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment