Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"What? Do you have a degree in words or something?"

Today started off at 5:00 am 5:15 am 5:30 am 5:45 am. At least that is around the time I finally decided to drag myself out of bed. I have 5thousandmillion30gillion alarms that go off in the morning. Yes, I'm a bit OCD and paranoid that I will oversleep and be late for work. I usually jump out of bed when I know I have a hot bowl of oatmeal in my future, but not today. I had a REALLY good run last night and kept up a good pace. My leg started getting sore around 2 1/2 miles, so I went ahead and stopped. Sometimes I work through it, but I know I need to ease up on it at times. I had my stress fracture in January of this year, but I still have nagging pains from it when I wear heels (I don't care - I will STILL wear them) or after a fast run. I don't think I'm still injured, it has been 8-9 months! I imagine it's just a nagging pain I will always have. My next race is Oct 20th for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I'm SUPER excited about this, but I am afraid I'll burst in to tears once I cross the finish line. I went ahead and signed up for the chip-timed competitive race. You have to finish in 31 minutes or less. I USED to be able to do that easily, but since my injury I have had to start from scratch. My pace and endurance the past few weeks have improved, though. I'm STOKED! I also have Soaring Wings on the 27th. That is a half marathon.. HA. I laugh because I have not been so studious on my training. Between the horrific Arkansas heat this summer and having time to run when it WASN'T so debilitating, I have slacked on that. I focused on p90x to gain my strength. I realized I was 5 weeks out from my half and that is when I freaked. I know I was all against treadmill training, but honestly that's the absolute best way for me to keep up my pace. I don't have anyone to run with so I have no idea how I am doing, then I slack off. I push myself more when I am at the gym.  I will just be happy if I can run 6.55 miles of the 13.1, and the rest I'll speed walk. I don't want to hurt myself or have an asthma attack. I just want to finish! Just once; that's all I'm asking. :)

As for the title of the post... it's just a funny little something that my coworker said to me. It cracks me up every time! Also, I tried copying my old blog posts onto my brand-spankin'-new one, but to no avail. I will post a link to it in case Blogger feels like working correctly. :)  a running affair

No comments:

Post a Comment