Saturday, October 6, 2012

Piece & Love


Today was Arkansas' 3rd annual Walk Now for Autism Speaks. We have participated each year so far. It is such an AMAZING event that helps raise funds for autism awareness and research. It's a great cause that's so close to me, obviously.

Here are our shirts from past years:
Our shirts from the 2010 walk
Posing at the 2011 Walk





 This year I had an idea for our team, so I went to a friend of mine that is a graphic designer. I told her "piece and love;" she came up with this crazy awesome design. Honestly, it's just precious. Drum roll please...ta-da!
 Unfortunately, it was 54 degrees when we got to the event (yesterday's high was 80-something). J and I froze our little tushes off, but we finished the 1-mile family walk. It is always so awesome seeing the different walk teams; family and friends that come together to support their loved one. It's just heart-warming. It didn't warm my hands though... I was FREEZING. Anyhow, it started raining about 5-10 minutes after we finished the walk. We were trying to peruse the different booths at the event, but the rained ruined that.

Here are some pics of us at the event! Well, there's also some of us cheezin' out before the event. We cheez... a lot.



It was so cold, we had to cover up our cute shirts. This was a rare occasion where I sacrificed my outfit for comfort.


They always have the people that dress up as Star Wars characters. J LOVES it! He was doing Chewbacca noises!

























Yup, we brought the cheez to the walk.
 

We ended our outing to a great little gluten free bakery in town. It's been a bit since I had a grilled cheese. I would have taken a picture of it, but it had been devoured by the time I thought of it.

J and his lunch... yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment