Tuesday, October 23, 2012

And it's only Tuesday...

Do you ever have one of those long days that just drags on and on? I've kept pretty busy today, but now I've just hit a wall. I could seriously crawl in bed, right now. But, it's only mid-afternoon. I still have to go run, do some homework, and make supper. Anyhow, enough of that!

I ran on Sunday, after the race. I planned on getting in a long run before Soaring Wings, but that didn't quite pan out. I guess I pushed myself a bit harder than normal, because the pain from my old injury was flaring up. I got in about 3 miles and then hit the weights. I spent the rest of the afternoon icing, and watching TV. :)


Did you notice my ugly legs? Scars from other running incidents. Oh, goodness. I should just live in a bubble or wear a bubble suit.

Well, I have to tell you about my dinner on Friday. This is the first race where I knew I couldn't have pasta, or anything else gluten-full. After scrounging around in my kitchen for a bit, I realized I had rice pasta. All of the sudden, I had it; a very clean and filling supper!

Rice Pasta with an Avocado Cream Sauce

Ingredients
Rice pasta, spaghetti
1/2 Avocado, mashed
1 TB Parmesan cheese, grated
2 TB milk (almond, cow, whatever suits you)
3 oz grilled chicken breast, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Prepare pasta according to the instructions. In a separate sauce pan, add avocado, cheese, and milk. Heat ingredients on medium heat, stirring often. Once the ingredients have heated thoroughly, they should form a sauce. Add chicken to sauce and heat. Top pasta with cream sauce and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment