Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ready to run and run and run... or not

So, I have already signed up for a half in October, "Soaring Wings." I am really excited that I'll actually be able to compete. I think I figured out what contributed to my stress fracture in January. Probably 80% (that's being stingy, I think!) of my training was on the treadmill. The gym has childcare and such, and honestly I didn't think much of it. I had originally just trained for a 5k, so I just decided to push myself further. It wasn't until I got in to my longer runs (6 miles +) that I started to take it outdoors. I LOVE LOVE LOVE running outdoors, but do to time constraints, I reserved this for my long runs. My body was just so accustomed to treadmill running, that it couldn't take the significantly longer runs on pavement. My recovery is trucking along. I am SO excited, I actually can barely contain myself, knowing that I'll be running in less than a month! I think I might buy myself a new running outfit to celebrate the occasion. Anyhow, here's a pic of the race shirt that I didn't get to wear!

This is the race shirt for the 2012 LR Marathon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment