Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3 Days of Amazingness

A couple of days ago, I decided to try the treadmill for my work out. I didn't want to push myself too much, so I kept it at a moderate walk. I felt a twinge of pain, but nothing remotely debilitating. I told myself 15 min. After 15 minute, I said, well, let's stop at a mile. Eventually, i did 1.6 miles and about 35 minutes of walking. This is nothing like my 9:15 mile (my personal best), but considering I've been sidelined since January I was beyond ecstatic. I am SO glad I did that walk at home (in lieu of the gym) because I was able to sing, do the air drums and dance cause I was so excited. :) That was feat numero uno (1).

Yesterday I decided to do yoga. I wanted to alternate work outs to get my body ready to run. I was finally able to do the downward dog, which i haven't been able to do at all because of the pressure it put on my leg. It was just too painful. It was so easy! That was my 2nd day of amazingness! And today, I put on a pair of high-heeled wedges for work. Now, I did bring a backup pair of flats, but I'm doing well so far. This might be my 3rd day of amazingness. WOO! I'll be back to running before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment