Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Orthopeds and Leprechauns

I had a check up with my orthoped yesterday. I probably have another month before it's completely healed, but it is healing well. My doctor thinks that I just can't be a distance runner. I think he is wrong. :) Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I REALLY do think if I train on the roads, vs mostly on the treadmill I'll be OK. I think that's where I messed up. I'm really working on eating more nutritious stuff; I feel like a hippie sometimes. I've been shopping a lot in the "tree hugger" section at Kroger a lot. I've found Kind bars and those are really good! I also got some Good Belly juice a few days ago and I really like it! Trying to cut down on sodas is hard because to me it gives me a swift kick in the butt when I'm dragging at work. I think its just a mental thing, though.

For St. Patrick's day, J and I made a "Leprechaun's Cake." I found the recipe on pinterest. I couldn't get the colors as bright as I wanted, but I guess the coloring was watered down from the batter. It still turned out good! I used a sugar-free cake mix, egg whites and substituted apple sauce for oil. I've never done those tradeoffs before but it turned out great! I did use a regular, whipped icing.

Once we got all of the batter ready to bake.

Here is the taste-tested end product. YUMMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment