Thursday, February 26, 2015

Figuring out body fat percentage



I have to admit, I’ve been pretty frustrated lately. I’ve been working out, making better food choices, and seeing results in the mirror. But when I step on the scale, then I’m not seeing as much progress as I’d expect. I keep comparing where I am now weight-wise and how I look verses what I looked like weight-wise a year ago. It finally dawned on me the other day that when I initially started eating clean, I wasn’t using a regular workout program. I cut calories, but I was running (which doesn’t really build muscle). Now, I have cut calories, I’m eating (mostly) clean, but I am doing programs like T25 that are really building my muscles. I’m so thankful for apps like, A Beautiful Mess, that can show me side-by-side pics for my progress.

That being said, I decided to break out the calipers to measure my body fat percentage. I love these little gadgets! While the scale can’t tell you if you’re weight is from fat or muscle, these calipers can! I fell in to the “ideal” range, as a 31-year-old female, with a bad fat percentage of 25.1. I think I am definitely going to keep track of this measurement from now one, especially since I’m working on building my muscles. You can find calipers pretty much anywhere for very little cost. There are also several programs through Beach Body that include them in your order. I really like that, because it helps teach program goers a healthy assessment of their progress.

Work-out of the day:

T25 Beta – Speed 2.0
Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer – Legs and Calves

Breakfast:
Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Chunks

Snack 1:
Plain Greek yogurt with pineapple chunks and cinnamon

Lunch:
Baked chicken, broccoli, brown rice, and a small bit of vanilla ice cream they had at school today J (Just being honest, here!)

Snack 2:
Almonds over a spinach salad, with a citrus vinaigrette

Dinner:
Chocolate Shakeology

No comments:

Post a Comment