Monday, February 16, 2015

Clean Eating Apple Sauce Oatmeal Pancakes

Hello, all! Happy President's Day (aka parent teacher conference day for me)! I've been dying to write about the clean and yummy breakfast I made yesterday! My son had been asking for some pancakes, since we were out. I typically make a large batch and freeze the remainder. That makes busy mornings super easy, and since he's a growing boy, then it's a healthy quick snack for him. In the past, I tend to stick to making protein pancakes or waffles. Alas, I am out of vanilla protein powder so I just went with what I had. Welcome, Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes! These are totally gluten free, sugar free, and dairy free. And if you follow the 21-Day Fix nutrition plan like me,  then each pancake is one yellow.


Clean Eating Apple Sauce Oatmeal Pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
  • 2 tbsp Truvia or Xylitol
  • 1 tbsp Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tbsp Cinnamon
  • 4 Egg whites
  • 1 1/2 cups Almond milk (unsweetened vanilla is my favorite)
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened apple Sauce
Directions:

  1. Preheat your skillet. I find that medium heat is the best.
  2. Mix dry ingredients together.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with apple sauce. 
  4. Add almond milk in to the egg mixture.
  5. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter on to the preheated, oiled skillet. (I use either a non stick cooking spray or a teaspoon of coconut oil).

Top your pancakes with whatever you want, or leave them naked. My son loves REAL maple syrup, or he likes them plain. I like adding almond butter or some mashed berries. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment