Saturday, February 22, 2014

KIND Product Review

Surprises...

I talked with KIND a while back about doing a product review. I can't even tell you how excited I was when I got home one day and saw a box sitting on my porch from them. Inside was 2 big boxes of Almond & Coconut and Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants KIND bars.That was my first surprise... (more on that later on). Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants is my "go-to" KIND bar, as I tend to be that person who finds one flavor and sticks with it.  But I am a big coconut fan, so I was excited about the Almond & Coconut flavor.

Well, surprise #2 and #3 came a few days later. KIND sent not one, but two more boxes! Because I enjoy puns, I thought to myself, "How KIND of them!" Honestly, if you've ever done a product review before then you know this is kind of a big deal. Aside from reviewing the food, I am always well aware of how the company presents itself. This says a lot about KIND.


Reviewing the food...

Let's face it, we live busy lives in a fast-paced world. Snack bars are easy to throw in your purse and eat on the go. Sadly, not all snack bars are created equal. Check the ingredients. If it looks like something from a college chemistry exam, then it's probably not healthy for you. Now, flip over the package on a KIND bar. The ingredients list real food!


Not only does it tell you it contains these real, God-made foods, but you can actually see them! A lot of snack bars look like some sort of food composite that was ground to a pulp in the food processor, but not KIND bars! I don't know about you, but I love actually being able to see what I am eating.



Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants
Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants has been my favorite KIND bar for years. These are especially good if I am craving something sweet, then it hits the spot. The cranberries add just the right amount of sweetness, while the quinoa and almonds pack a big nutritional punch. The powerful foods in Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants will satisfy your hunger or cravings.

Almond & Coconut
I love coconut, but I rarely tend to choose something with it. Clearly, I'm crazy because this bar was AWESOME! There is just something about coconut - it's sweet and refreshing at the same time. One bite in to this, and you're in heaven. Aside from tasting like dessert, it's a great way to keep your energy levels up.

Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt
I must admit, I was wary of this one. I'm always a bit skeptical of sweet and salty things together. But I love dark chocolate, so I dove in. The verdict? I loved it! There is definitely something to be said about the sweet and salty together in this bar. The dark chocolate isn't overly sweet; it has that deep chocolaty flavor, and the sea salt was a perfect compliment. I think I'm going to keep these around for when I get that intense chocolate craving. You can satisfy that chocolate tooth, without the guilty aftermath.

Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt
Each bite into these reminds me of fall. I think they taste just like a pecan pie! My dad is a huge pecan pie fan (like a "can I have a pecan pie instead of birthday cake" type of fan), so I am definitely sending some of these his way.

I've seen KIND at most of the major chains, but you can also get them online. Just check them out at kindsnacks.com!



No comments:

Post a Comment