Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Product Review: Barney Butter

Barney Butter recently sent me some samples of their almond butter to try. I absolutely love almond butter and I haven't seen Barney Butter here locally, so I was quite excited! It also helped that in my correspondence with them, they always sounded off with, "Buttery Best." Off topic, but if you are familiar with brand identity, etc., then this was quite catching! It was adorable... I loved it.




OK, now on to the product. They sent me several of their 90 Calorie Snack Packs to try - hello, portion control, which is always a good thing for me and almond butter! I received their regular Smooth Almond Butter, Cocoa + Coconut, Vanilla Bean + Espresso, and Bare Almond Butter which has no added salt or sugar. I have to admit, I am not typically a fan of flavor variety nut butters. They tend to be too sweet for me, but this was NOT the case with Barney Butter! I will just have to tell you about each one...

Smooth Almond Butter:
I usually rock the plain Jane almond butter, and this one will now be on my list of favorites. It was exactly what it says, so smooth. I spread it over a banana and it was sheer perfection!

Cocoa+Coconut:This was my first flavored one, and I was skeptical. The verdict... it rocked my socks off! It was not too sweet; neither the almond butter, cocoa, or coconut overpowered each other. This is where portion control went out the window. After this, I immediately had to try to Vanilla Bean + Espresso.

Vanilla Bean + Espresso:
This one ended up being my top favorite. I'm a huge vanilla fan, and I love that it wasn't too sweet. It was just sweet enough and had enough coffee flavor to give it a kick. I've been craving it ever since.

Bare Almond Butter:
I love that this company has regular, unadulterated almond butter. The Bare Almond Butter was amazing with the pure taste of almonds. No salt, no sugar, all almonds. It was lovely.

If you haven't checked out the buttery best from Barney Butter, then it is absolutely a must! 

No comments:

Post a Comment