Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top PEANUT BUTTERS!

How can I possibly have a blog with "peanut butter" in the name and not have a post purely devoted to peanut butter!? Well, that is changing! On my last post, you saw where I noted you should pay attention to the hidden sugars in your everyday foods. These hidden sugars can also be found in my precious peanut butter. Also, extra salt, additives like palm oil, and other ingredients that I can't pronounce or type can all be in added to your PB. I don't know about you, but I like to get what I pay for. If I want sugar or palm oil, I will buy those things. If I want peanut butter, I want PEANUTS and peanuts only. That being said, the only ingredient that should be in your peanut butter is just that - peanuts. Don't be fooled by many brands that say "natural" on their label. If you look at the ingredients, you'll see it's not far from their regular version.

Here are my favorite peanut butters:

  • Homemade or store-made! Kroger, Whole Foods, and The Fresh Market all have those machine where you can churn out freshly made peanut butter. This is the BEST!
  • Maranatha - Watch out, Maranatha does have some nut butters that have sugar and other ingredients added, but this version is tried and true PB.
  • Kroger brand Natural Peanut Butter - For a store brand, this is pretty good stuff. It does have added salt, but if you can't afford the pricier stuff then this is a good call. 
  • Krema - pricey, but yummy :)

Now go and fill your little hearts with happiness while you fill your tummies with peanut butter!





No comments:

Post a Comment