Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Are you a SUGAR ADDICT!?

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to sugar.

Admitting you are powerless is the first step, right? Wait, I'm powerless? I think not!

Ever since I started teaching I have found myself surround by goodies. I know all of the facts about sugar addiction. I know that when I get tired my body immediately tells me "get sugar" for energy. I know that sugar feeds cancer cells and causes inflammation in your body (women - that's why your midsection can be thicker!). But, it is such a slippery slope. One piece of candy and it's a switch that goes off in my brain. I feel awful and sluggish, and I don't sleep as well when I have a lot of sugar in my blood. I feel like crap - now what?

First things, first. Check out this video. 60 Minutes did a piece on sugar addiction. This is a MUST watch.

Are you addicted?

I'll continue to post on this topic, as I think its crucial to our society's health, and the health of me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment