Friday, April 19, 2013

Detox Days to Come

I am pretty darn excited to start a detox on May 6th. Why such an odd date? Actually, May 6th will allow for 4 full weeks of the detox, which will be easier to track results/time frame, etc. It will be a detox boot camp, so I'm forming my group now. It's set up to give people success, I only just ask for their commitment to it for the full month. It's going to be awesome and changing LIVES! It changed mine, for sure. No migraines, no tummy problems, no joint pain, etc. All because I decided, "well, I guess I'll try the detox so I know what to tell my clients, but I certainly don't have food allergies." HA... that cracks me up EVERY time I think about it!

My body was "accustomed" to being fed by whatever and dealing with it the best it could. Once I detoxed and let my body reset and learn its real normal state - that's where the fun began! It took several months to figure out my food cuprit, but dang I've learned SO much. It's amazing how perspective can change. I remember 5 years ago thinking, "well soda has water in it in some form or fashion. Of COURSE that counts for my water intake." Did I actually drink water? Nope. I was a 3-5 cokes a day kind of girl. Yikes!

Nutrition affects every aspect of our health and well-being. It goes beyond fat and calories. Not all calories are created equal, not all fat is bad. The nutrition (types of food) we use to feed and fuel our bodies is essential to how our bodies will take shape.

Here's an example of a typical day for me 5 years ago. 





Here's a typical day for me now. 

 I didn't even bother doing the nutrition for the "old" meal plan. All I can see is processed, processed, processed. Which just means, abuse, abuse, abuse. There's not one thing on the "old" list that I eat now, except for the salad (sans ranch) and spaghetti (gf now, of course, and spaghetti sauce - no beef).

As for the detox, the kiddo will be doing it with me this time, because I have to do some food allergy testing with him anyhow. So, it's perfect timing! In the mean time, I'm  enjoying some non-detox foods. Please note the breakfasts for me and the kiddo...

My breakfast yesterday -
sliced tomato seasoned with cracked pepper and garlic salt
turkey bacon
Rudi's GF bread topped with peanut butter
Scrambled eggs with scallions, topped with salsa, seasoned with cracked pepper and garlic salt
And coffee. I can't forget the coffee.

 

The kiddo's breakfast -
"Reese's" protein shake - Arbonne chocolate protein shake mix, peanut butter, almond milk, banana and ice
FlatOut wrap with scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and cheddar cheese

 



No comments:

Post a Comment