Thursday, March 14, 2013

Life Lessons

As I was perusing Pinterest, I saw this..

 

It really resonated with me this week. Weary, I am. Rest, I need and crave! You know how I was complaining about being so tired? Well, apparently I was getting sick. (Can I blame the time change for that, too?) Yesterday, I was barely able to drag my butt out of bed for a shower, let alone to work out! So, last night I decided I would get my fitness on! TurboFire - Fire 60, sounds like a good place, right? HOLY MOLY! I officially decided that Chalene Johnson is a former dancer (I don't know her background at all). At one point I was thinking, "I was cheerleader. Pssh... I've got this!" Wrong, Erin. You're oh so wrong.

Legs were flailing, arms were flying (waving them in the air like I just don't care) Sorry, I had to say that. :) After 40 minutes, I decided to stop. I was so tired, I simply didn't have it in me to keep up. My hair was soaking wet, which was good and I was satisfied with that! 

Life Lesson #1: I have to remind myself, rest days are just important to my health as my workout days. This is even MORE true when you are sick. 

Life Lesson #2 (totally unrelated to the above topic): Denial is never a good thing. Don't test your limits to see what you can get away with. Sounds dangerous, right? Well, I guess it was if you consider a nice warm bowl of oat goodness to be dangerous! When I was doing our grocery shopping over the weekend, my inner bargain shopper overtook my gluten free senses.
 $1.24 for old fashioned oats vs. $5 (and some change) for a bag of gluten free rolled oats
You're right, the $1.24 bag won this round. "Oats are gluten free," I told myself. "What are the chances they are contaminated," I asked myself in a deniable fashion. "Do I really need to spend $4 more for oats to be gluten free? It will be just fine." I was wrong on each and every level. The aforementioned $1.24 oats have now been bequeathed to a friend. Enough said. So, I imagine I will feast on breakfast quinoa until I have gluten free oats back in my cupboard.


 


TurboFire - Core 20

Again, I woke up late. I was just barely able to get a 20 minute workout in. But let me tell you, this workout packs a HUGE punch. You better believe if they are making a 20-30 minute workout, they will make each and every move count. "I think I can, I think I can." And I did, for the most part.

Breakfast

Chunky Monkey Peanut Buttery Oatmeal
1/2 Cup of Oatmeal, topped with the following
1 TB Peanut Butter, natural
1/2 Banana
1/2 TB 60% Cacao chips
1 TB Ground flax seed
 
 Hot, black coffee to sip on (YEAH!)

Lunch
Arbonne Chocolate Protein Shake 
Mixed with
Arbonne Fiber Boost
2TB PB2

Dinner
Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie from PB Fingers ( I have to try this sucker out!)

Snack
Arbonne Fruit Nutrition Snack Bar

 

Don't forget the Zevia giveaway

 






No comments:

Post a Comment