Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Exciting times...

I LOVE the holidays. The music, decorations, lights, food, cold weather (well, in AR it's been pretty warm) are all great aspects of the season. At work, I coordinated a game of Secret Santa. There is a $25 limit, and it involves gifting throughout the month, and a final "reveal" gift. I have pretty much decided that my Secret Santa loves me.

Exhibit A:

We all know peanut butter gifting  is code for "you're awesome."


Here are some more super cool gifts from my Santa. The wreath and awesome candle! This candle is smelling up some goodness in my house. :)



Last night I conjured up a little dish, inspired by the Penne Rustica that I had on my "big date" at Olive Garden over the weekend. It was SO good, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Also, it had been a bit since I had some pasta (gluten free, even), so I just couldn't get it off my mind. I didn't really measure anything, so they recipe will be up once its not an "I'm just wingin' it" version. :)


Basically its gluten free pasta, with chicken and a creamy wine sauce. I'd love to add bacon, shrimp, and mushrooms. Mmm, I'm getting hungry now. I'm glad I had wine on hand! I actually won it at an Arbonne Christmas Party, in a game of Dirty Santa. Yes, I drank it too... 






Breakfast
Oats w/ pb, banana, and cocoa
Goodbelly Mango juice

Lunch
Arbonne Vanilla Protein Shake w/ PB2, and Banana

Dinner
Arbonne Vanilla Protein Shake w/ real peanut butter

Snacks
Apple

This is finals week, so I'll be content with getting 1-2 work outs in this week. I'll run tonight, if I'm not too tired (and if I have enough done on my 10 page paper...) YIKES!


One of my FAVORITE shows comes on tonight (whoa...ADD moment). The New Girl on Fox. Oh, I love this show. I laugh so hard when I watch it. "Hashtag, excitement!" Maybe I'll work on my paper, forgo the workout, and snuggle in to a blanket and watch The New Girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment