Friday, October 19, 2012

Fun Facts Friday

1. I'm wearing pink today, and my snazzy pink ribbon pin, to support breast cancer awareness.

2. I had a pretty darn tasty breakfast, this morning. Oats, ground flax, banana, almond butter, and some dried cranberries for a bit of a kick! I found the dried cranberries at the store, last night. They have less sugar than the regular ones. This made me oh-so-happy.

3. I realized its going to be a bit chillier tomorrow at the Race for the Cure, than I had originally anticipated. It's cool enough that I can probably just wear my race shirt over my running shirt. I just really hate to wear cotton for stuff. I may have to run out and get a more weather-appropriate shirt for the event.

4. My sister sent me a picture of my baby niece, Emma. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?! She gets it from her aunt.



5. I was bound and determined to wear pink today, so I decided it was a good idea to wash my pink sweater at 9:30pm. Was it dry this morning? Nope. I stuck it in the dryer for a bit to attempt to be comfortable today. Smart one, Erin.

6. I'm trying not to think about Soaring Wings next weekend. Out of sight, out of mind. Right? I get so nervous!

7. I read last night that bananas have a near perfect balance of carbs and protein. Good thing we go through several bunches a week. Seriously, I've gone to the store twice this week for bananas. Goodness!
8. It is pretty darn hard to find good protein bars or exercise fuel that is gluten free. I don't know about you, but I really don't want to take the chance of having something with gluten BEFORE a run. Not cool. I'll leave it at that.

9. We (Dad, the kid, and I) are going to Dubai for Christmas! My sister and her family live there, so we are visiting for the first time. This will be the first Christmas that we won't have my mom, so we figured that would be good for the family. Especially, my Dad. My folks were married for 42 years! God bless them.

10. Tomorrow is the Race for the Cure in Arkansas! I'm so stinkin' excited!! I hope everyone gets out to participate in their local race or breast cancer awareness events!

Happy Friday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment