Friday, April 5, 2019

Why Arbonne?

If you recall, I was first introduced to Arbonne in 2011 by a girl I went to high school with. It was after I was diagnosed with a stress fracture from training for my first half marathon. At this point I had started reading about the right foods to eat to not only prevent this injury from happening again, but also to fuel my runs. I immediately fell in love with Arbonne's protein - I looked and felt amazing! Along my health journey I learned (through Arbonne) that my body doesn't tolerate any gluten and minimal dairy. I have other food sensitivities and intolerances - but that is a WHOLE other blog series! :) Anyhow, I decided to jump in and start my own Arbonne business! I was rockin' and rollin' and promoted to District Manager in 2 months of starting my business! Fast forward to August of 2012, my sweet mom lost her battle with cancer. I decided after this, that I just didn't care about my biz as I tried to deal with the loss and grief of losing my mom.

Over the years, I missed having my biz. In November of 2017, I got married ! WOOHOO! :) In this, my husband and I decided we had financial goals we wanted to meet and we started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. As a teacher, I don't make much money - of course. So, I kept trying to think of ways that I could help meet our financial goals on my minimal salary. Arbonne stayed in the back of my mind, just rolling around. I kept thinking about it, but also thought my husband would think I was insane. I imagined him saying, "you have 2 Masters degrees and you want to... sell lipstick!?" I finally decided to talk to him about it, and we looked over the business plan. And guess what... he was SO incredibly supportive and ready for me to jump in! AH how cool was that!? Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemies! He didn't at all react the way I had imagined.

Within 1 month of starting my Arbonne business (again), I promoted to District Manager. 1 month! How awesome is that!?

I know there are stigmas associated with Social Marketing, but other people's opinions of me or honestly none of my business. (Thank you to Rachel Hollis for drilling that in to my head.) Arbonne is a company that I am proud to be a part of, products that I can attach my name to and feel safe bringing in to my home. I see this as a way to take my passion for teaching and nutrition and merge them together. I don't see it as selling lipstick, I see this as an opportunity to teach people how to be healthy or how to better their finances through this powerful gift called Arbonne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment