Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Resolution: Increased Health and Fitness

I love the new year, as it often is a time for people to focus on their health.This is wonderful, but sometimes I wish people had the right mindset about it. I wish people would focus on their health as a WHOLE and their fitness as a WHOLE instead of looking at the numbers on the scale.  Of course weight can be affected by a person's fitness level, but it is not a telltale measurement of health. For me, it's easier to focus when I don't worry about the clothing sizes and numbers. When I remind myself that food is fuel and I think about my cells, muscles, lungs, bones and other aspects of me that are all affected by my health. When your journey to fitness is put into perspective; where you are looking at your physical, mental, and emotional health, then you are building the groundwork for long-term changes. 

As you start out, remember each body is made differently. Do not compare your physical attributes and capabilities to that of another person. Aside from the fact that this isn't healthy, it also isn't realistic. It is difficult at times not to compare yourself, especially if you are a competitive person. If you find yourself in the comparison junkyard, then turn your mindset around! Turn that comparison into an inspiration. Instead of beating yourself up because you can't do the same amount of push-ups as your friend, set a goal for yourself to be able to do X number of push-ups. Instead of looking at fitness models and feeling awful about yourself, use that as inspiration and a reminder as to why you are focusing on your own fitness goals. We all have to start somewhere, so don't be upset if you are first beginning this journey. Each person has a different level of fitness and your goal is to increase yours. Focus on you. You are who YOU are and that's what makes you special. Simply strive to be YOUR best.

If you are interested in starting your own journey and don't know were to start. Or maybe you simply want to change up your current routine - then I would love to be your personal fitness coach with Beach Body. I have several challenge groups beginning in 2014 - Turbo Fire, P90X3, and T25. Contact me or go ahead and pick your program and I'll be in contact with you!

Today is the last day for the P90X3 special - perfect timing for my challenge groups starting Jan 6th!




No comments:

Post a Comment