Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy National Grilled Cheese Day



What is the most yummy, comforting, sandwich of all time? That Turkey, Bacon, and Avacado on sourdough concoction that I had at Copper Grill the other night?? Well, no. That's a close second, though. And let me tell you, it was ah-may-ZING! Actually, today is National Grilled Cheese Day! I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches. I make them for my kiddo a lot. I have a sandwich maker (basically a panini maker) and I use that a lot. Before the sandwich maker,  I did it on the stove. I think the panini/ maker is just better suited for the food (sandwiches) and everything comes out crisp on the outside and perfectly melted and gooey on the inside. I make my grilled cheese JUST how my mom taught me. 2 slices of bread (the heartier the better!) and butter the outsides of the bread. Then get SHREDDED cheddar cheese (I like sharp) and sprinkle it in between the bread. Then stick that sucker in the sandwich maker (butter side out so it doesn't stick!) and tada... ooey, gooey deliciousness.

In celebration of this perfect day, I found some recipes for various types of grilled cheese. Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment